Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tip Tuesday

Today's blog is dedicated to you! 
Tuesday's I will answer questions you ask my on Facebook, twitter and here! I get A LOT of beauty questions through text and email about nails, hair and even food! I LOVE to help....I mean, that's why I started this blog. To help ladies, like yourself, find which products work best! I'm a HUGE beauty junkie!! Oh...and as you may know, a HUGE food junkie as well! :)
So here goes....your questions....answered!
Enjoy!

ONE: I am growing my hair out but DO NOT want to trim my split ends, what can I do?

This is the story of my life! I have fine, brittle, DAMAGED hair and I've been trying to grow it for years! I have asked MANY hair stylists and beauty bloggers this same question! The verdict...you NEED to trim your split ends! When your hair breaks at the end, it sits there and splits all the way up! Yes, it sucks to cut away hard earned, GROWN hair but in order to acquire length, you need it to be healthy! Cut them off and do a hair mask every week! Also, try not to use SO much heat on your ends! Search "heatless curls" on Youtube!! Believe me, it works!


TWO: What's the BEST long-lasting shelf-life nail polish?

I have accumulated quite a bit of nail polish over the years so this question is PERFECT for me LOL! I would have to say the WORST shelf-life nail polish would be Pure Ice and Avon's Nailwear Pro! The "most surprising for the money" shelf-life award goes to NYC Color Quick Dry Polish. BUT the longest shelf life I've ever got from a polish HANDS DOWN is Deborah Lippmann! I have had "Nefertiti" for 5 years! I usually have to throw out polish after 1-2 years and this one is still going strong! I also used to have (but broke) a red flat polish of DB and it was AMAZING as well! HSN has specials going on all the time for her polish!

THREE: How do I get rid of blackheads?

This is a tricky one! I have tried so many different things and found that there is no "one product" cure! Here are some tips on how to rid your skin of pesky blackheads....
1. Exfoliate! Buy a facial brush ($2.49 HERE from Sally's) and scrub away that dead skin!
2. Put a little sea salt in a pot of boiling water, pour into a bowl and open those pores before a good scrub!
3. Use an astringent after cleansing and before moisturizer! Clean & Clear has a great one for cheap!
4. Peel-off face masks are wonderful! Freeman has a good cucumber one!

FOUR: Chipped polish? How to make it last longer!

Use a base and top coat ALWAYS! Let polishes dry ALL THE WAY between applications! And the most important tip I have for you is to "cap your polish!" This is when you take your polish all the way down, over the end of the nail and under the nail end. Make sure to do it with your top coat! Also, stick a clear top coat in your purse, brush some on your ends everyday! Simple!


There ya go! Hope you enjoyed today's blog! Thanks for your awesome questions!
Every Tuesday I will be doing the same thing! So post some more questions on my Facebook, Twitter and in the comment section below! :)

Tay



No comments:

Post a Comment